We have recently updated this page to meet the new GDPR standard.
By subscribing to Maui Silky Skin text notifications, you agree to receive automated marketing text messages from us about our products and services at the phone number you provided when you subscribed, and that the messages may be sent via automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Message frequency is recurring. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Message and data rates may apply. Reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to opt-out and HELP for customer support. You may receive an additional text message confirming your decision to opt-out. You understand and agree that attempting to opt-out by any means other than texting the opt-out commands above is not a reasonable means of opting out.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
Information Collected—When you set up an account, place an order, subscribe to our email newsletter, provide comments, or send a request to us MauiSilkySkin may collect information from you. The types of information we collect include:
- Contact information (such as your name, birthday, email address, postal address, telephone number and any other personal data) that you provide by completing forms on the Website, including if you subscribe to our newsletter and register and create an account on the Website
- Information from surveys that we may, from time to time, conduct on the Website or in Emails for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them
- Shopping history and how you use our website
• Payment information/transaction details
• Technical information about your browser and device
How We Use Your Information — MauiSilkySkin may use your personal information to enhance your shopping experience and to provide you with relevant information regarding your orders and MauiSilkySkin news. MauiSilkySkin does not rent or sell personal information to anyone, including third parties intending to use such information for direct marketing purposes.
MauiSilkySkin may share information with our third-party service providers that has been collected by, but not limited to, account registration, cookies, web beacons, mobile device identifiers, embedded scripts, Google Analytics, A/B testing, PayPal, external social networks, sweepstakes contests and promotions, third party ad server networks, and online survey platforms.
Retention of Your Personal Data — Our general approach is to retain your personal data only for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. We generally retain your personal data for three years from the end of our relationship or from the last contact from you (including transactions), unless local law requires otherwise. However, in some circumstances we may retain personal data for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements.
In specific circumstances we may also retain your personal data for longer periods of time corresponding to the applicable statute of limitations so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges.
Your Rights –
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- Right to withdraw consent- where applicable, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. For example, if you wish to opt-out of receiving electronic marketing communications, you can change your settings in your account on the Website, use the 'unsubscribe' link provided in our emails.
- Right of access, rectification and erasure- you have the right to request access to and obtain a copy of any of your personal data that we may hold, to request correction of any inaccurate data relating to you and to request the deletion of your personal data under certain circumstances. You can see and update most of this data yourself online, or by contacting directly via email@example.com.
- Right of data portability- Under certain conditions, you have the right to receive all such personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and also to require us to transmit it to another controller where this is technically feasible.
- Right to restriction of processing- you have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data where:
- you contest the accuracy of the personal data until we have taken sufficient steps to correct or verify its accuracy;
- the processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data;
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you require such data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- you have objected to processing justified on legitimate interest grounds (see below) pending verification as to whether we have overriding compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing.
Where personal data is subject to restriction in this way, we will only process it with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, in accordance with local legislation.
- Right to object to processing justified on legitimate interest grounds- where we are relying upon legitimate interest to process personal data, then you have the right to object to that processing. If you object, we must stop that processing unless we can either demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms or where we need to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. Where we rely upon legitimate interest as a justification for processing we believe that we can demonstrate such compelling legitimate grounds, but we will consider each case on an individual basis.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes applicable law.
For further information regarding your rights, to exercise any of your rights, or if you have any complaints or questions regarding the processing of your personal data please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we may request proof of identity, and where permissible under applicable law, we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will endeavor to respond to your request as soon as possible and in any case within the applicable timeframes.
Protection of Information – Protecting your information is very important to us. The MauiSilkySkin site encrypts your credit card number and other personal information using secure socket layer (SSL) technology to provide for the secure transmission of the information from your PC to our servers. Managing Your Personal Information – To access and edit your personal profile information, simply sign in to your account using your email address and password. You can review and change certain personal information related to your use of the MauiSilkySkin site such as your name and contact information. California Privacy Rights - California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Site who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send a message via email@example.com or write us at:
P.O. Box 6566 Thousand Oaks, Ca 91359